Wednesday, February 20, 2008

EngRish, strange signage and other random oddities

So, here are a few pictures I thought you may enjoy....  a bit of engRish, some interesting signs and, well, just some weird things I've seen around!


I found these placards on a nearby building site.  Yes, a building site - with real builders (not children).  Don't think you'd ever catch blokey Aussie builders on a site where the safety instructions come in the form of cute cartoons.


Mmm Steaky pan... rumour has it the don't even sell steak...


Oh, I see, the 21 TH... not the 21st business fox!


What exactly IS the story of MashiMaro and why is it on the toilet seat??  (and what's with the plunger by the way?)


Yes, it certainly looks that way.


Somehow I doubt that this is referring to the Nymphs in Greek mythology... this was taken down a dodgy side-street in dodgy Itaewon.

  
It is what it is.... 
(FYI, the Korean text reads t-u-r-a-n-s-u  j-e-n-d-e).


Heheh, this one is great...  It's a note book for school kids.  The cover suggests three topics that could be studied in this book; Music, Korean and English.  HELF!


Bahahaha! The clothes were worthy of the store title too.

I have put this one in before, I know, but who can go past a business club called Dumb and Dumber!?!?


This is my absolute favourite!  Aside from the random "I Love Study" and "Best of the Year" remarks that brighten up this pencil case, check out what the panda is saying in the yellow square to the bottom right... 


Mmm... my tissue are feeling me.  Nice.


These lovely words are also on a packet of tissues.  Sweet, but what the hell are they trying to say??


Could anyone tell me what this dog is doing to the other dog?  I can't figure it out and don't know why it was on my shopping bag.


Phew, I'm glad this is a live restaurant and not an inanimate one... the food is much better when it's happening live.


This building is... well, I don't know what the hell it is... but it's around the corner from my house.


I LOVE folding paper Granes, don't you??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cilarious! Love the pencil case - is that a horse shoe shaped 'U'? Is it a lucky F*CK?

Unknown said...

LOL, HELF!!!

Love it =D